Skip to main content

Suddenly grown up!!


After the exam I planned to write a lot…I planned to update my blog everyday! But then I gave it a second thought…writing is not about updating your blog, or not about writing something everyday…but writing about what you feel, letting your heart flow through the wordy ocean that keeps summoning the tsunamis of your emotions.  I went to the college recently to collect my provisional degree, of course without uniform or bag or anything which I would have cared about if had been coming to college for attending it. When I entered the gate the guard gave me a recognizing smile, I said “bhaiaa aaj clg uniform ke liye bahar khade nai karoge??” and he answered, actually stated that made me feel different…. “ Ab aap bade hogaye bhau, ab aap clg me padhne thodehi aye honge!!!” (You are a pass out now sir; you won’t be studying in the college anymore!). That made me feels something rarely different. I was in hurry so I didn’t bother to think about it long, I waved him a “ram ram” and went on.

I looked up and as per usual habits searched all floors with just one look,  for anyone standing in balcony who would wave a hand at me and say “come up buddy, we are all here!!” I missed that. I walked the stairs and suddenly got blank. I was unable to recall for which lecture I was here, or which room I wanted to go. But after a sec or two I recollected what I was standing there for!! I went to a window in the student section and asked for my P.D. he handed me a form; I filled it up and submitted it to him. He asked me to wait for 5 minutes. As usual I leaned to the parapet wall and pulled myself up!! I was watching the entire hustle bustle going on. All newly admitted students were colliding to all the windows in student section, for buying forms, for submitting forms….some were getting accepted and some were as always, short of documents!! All were well dressed (that means without tie n blazer)...Some girls were with blazers that brought grin on my face that how I never wore that damn 1500 Rs. Blazer. Just then the accountant called me…he said he will need another hour to get my P.D. So now what to do…there was no one I could talk with. All were just my juniors (I know very few juniors!!)…I went to the canteen, and I was shocked ‘the’ canteen was all empty….I mean the canteen which we attended regularly by bunking the classes, the canteen where we completed our journals, our records, manipulated graphs, and almost copied everything from wherever we can to make a record of 3kg weight!! (Some were 250 pages n more!!!). This canteen was empty!! I met bhushan espresso wala! Then ajju bhai..who owns that canteen! Spent some time with Ghapa!! Took a walk through the workshop corridor, checked out the classrooms that we used to sit in for some time that too planning for bunk! I checked out the boat race track which was shaped to spell Me (Mechanical!). Met a few lecturers...They were pleased to know that I came to meet them!



PHOTOGRAPHY: OMKAR VIGHNE



Then I went to see the most happening place of my college, the auditorium!!! The most awaited fashion show, numerous forums, four annual gatherings (Antaragni!), just sat on a chair and remembered my stage performance with Amba!! The college t-shirt that we finally bought in last semester! I passed the exam hall that remembered me of those VBD’s, our nutty professors….our coping tricks!!


Here I was standing again in front of the window after an hour. Just then my junior friend called me “sir!! Aap yaha kaise????” whoa what’s that feeling. Where it came from …she talked to me before...This time it felt different though. I am sir hun…the senior. She congratulated me for my placement. I thanked her. Chatted with her some time and waved her a bye. She went for her classes!! (Well yeah!!! she attended classes!!!). Then I looked around all those who were gossiping, passing by…that was not just juniors or my lecturers passing by that was time. It felt like it was just yesterday that came with my parents asking for admission in this college and today I was super most senior standing in that crowd, placed in some good company, a sudden surge of responsibility stroked through my head. I am a graduate now! I have job to do….I cannot bunk, or just hang around with my buddies. All scattered to different places, different companies; some started preps for PG!! And all of sudden I came up with two words in my mind!! I felt “Suddenly grown up!!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

y u no snd me a msg.!!!!

Boy: hi.! Girl: hieeeeee.! Boy: how r u... Girl: f9 … Boy: wats goin on..?? Girl: nthin…!! Boy: R u busy?? Am I disturbin u?? Girl: no, jus out with mom.!! Boy: Ok then talk to u later, bye bye, tc, keep in touch..! Girl: bye bye…!! Even if we ignored the so many full stops after every few words, the talk is senseless. Still it goes on and on once started. After giving a hit-n-trial hi to every girl’s phone number in your phonebook few will reply and one will continue the legacy of messaging. Then once started its unwritten rule to care for her health or you’ll sound so rude. After this sharing of health problems the topic shifts to what she is doing now, and he then forgets about any work he has to do besides staring at his cell like it’s Pamela .!! Ready to capture as it spreads     light!!!! If she replies she’s busy! Then without any hesitation or any feeling of shame he’ll say ‘sorry we’ll talk later’ and returns to phonebook and starts hit-n-trial again!!  After this

CROWN! CROWD!! CRIME!!!

Does it really matter “who is involved in a crime?” or it does that someone among us is doing it! Does it really matter that “crowd went uncontrolled on some issue” or it does that we are called as crowd!! Does it really matter “who is wearing the crown to rule a nation??” or it does that is he the prudent exec or not!! Everything seems to be a cryptogram to be deciphered. The CROWN is discombobulated by the crowd. The CROWD is flustered and aghast of crown. The denouement of both is CRIME. Even if I am not talking about a specific country or a nation the above lines are kosher wherever the three co-exist. A community is called by its name when the members of it portray manifest demeanor guided by the chapter and verse of it! But the gain of patrons to that community depends on the purpose it has set for. The group of people working together is crowd.  It is not quantified. We cannot prognosticate the decency and guise of crowd. The crowd nor can have a final conclusion ne

Echoes of the Past!! (Part 1)

I still remember those gruesome hours when I waited for my SEEE, AIEEE, IIT results. Actually i knew my results would be ludicrous, so I didn't  bothered about that, but my parents were so anxious to here it and their disappointment made some tears come out of eyes too! But that was for only a day!  And there I was standing flabbergasted in front of gates of great G.H.R.C.E. A city college satisfying only half meaning of the word CAMPUS (It has no grounds! but only a building!!).  I was oblivious about the fellow passengers who would be learning mechanical, electronics and etc kind of magic in this Hogwarts of Nagpur. With this new uniform I have been acquainted to some new fundas of college, first was PP - petrol partner. My dear aunt made arrangements for my pp. Nikhil Ayade. My first friend + PP in Hogwarts. In my first year I never really bothered about rules of PP relationship and he had to suffer for that. But soon everything changed as it was difficult to cope up with my f